Monday, March 1, 2010

Day Eight.

       Well I guess I've been feeling like oh, I don't know, A girl. Today alone I experienced joy, jealousy, anger, excitement, frustration, exhaustion, and so on... These feelings alone are enough to make a person go crazy! What I'm learning in the book for the Daniel Fast is how it is our soul were we experience emotions, and most of us live letting the soul be in control. But if we do let our lives be run by our soul, then we will act out of our emotions which is not always a good thing. My emotions want to punch some people in the face, but that would not be sharing the Love of God, despite the fact that it might make me feel better :) But anyways, It takes time and commitment to learn to walk in the Spirit, and put the emotions of the soul and the actions that could result in the body on the back burner while we commit to the Holy Spirit and the emotions and actions He knows are best. This might sound really strange, but I'm learning, and I want to learn more about the Holy Spirit because He gets put on the back burner of my life way too often. I know that I can do this fast food wise, but I want to commit my spirit, soul, and body to God, all Of Him, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, to live how He wants me to live. I think I'm getting repetitive but that's my prayer everyday and one I will pray for the rest of my life. Living in the Spirit takes time, asking Jesus into my heart was the easy part, its living it that will take commitment which I'm ready to give. 

    "May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."
                                                  1 Thessalonians 5:23

No comments:

Post a Comment