Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day Nine.

         Even though this is my first fast, I'm becoming a firm believer in it. The first week was frustrating trying to get the hang of it and figure out what I was doing, but now I'm excited that I'm sticking with it and learning so much. The first week I was still hanging on to the part of me that found comfort in food and relied on it, but now I understand the difference between just changing what I eat, A "Daniel Diet", to changing what and how much I eat for a spiritual purpose, the Daniel Fast. I'm excited and its weird how my attitude has changed into pure joy about the rest of this fast. Today at work I just felt like I needed to get up and I was almost anxious because of the joy that I felt. And its so filling that I know its not something I created, but only a feeling that could come from God. I'm excited to continue to learn about the Holy Spirit as my helper and walking in Him instead of my flesh. Doing so will prepare me for the battles ahead that aren't as simple as the ones I face today. Having faith and learning to trust the Holy Spirit now so I can have faith that can move a mountain when the time comes. This is all kind of jumbled because I'm learning and the Holy Spirit is not something that is easily grasped and will never be fully grasped by my simple mind. But the awesome thing about God is I don't have to fully understand Him to surrender to Him, if I understood everything I think I would get pretty bored. I have a long way to go, but I know that I can do it, not by anything in me (ironically), but by the power and might of Christ in me.


That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 
                                                2 Corinthians 12:10
 

No comments:

Post a Comment