Thursday, March 11, 2010

Day Eighteen.

          It's been a great day. Not because I had some great revelation or something incredible happened, I'm just excited about things happening now and things that are going to happen soon. I'm excited to be turning  eighteen and graduating and working at the camp this summer, going off to college, and continuing to walk in this amazing freedom. I was so frustrated the past two days and it just amazes me how God can take that completely away. I'm taking to the practice of finding a verse and claiming it for that day, repeating it over and over through out the day kind of praying it as I let it soak in my heart and mind. Today was Matthew 26:41 which says to "watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The Spirit is willing, but the body is weak." I found it last night as I was journaling and its what stuck today. I like finding a verse and sticking with it because it helps me memorize it, but also it becomes my prayer, and God's word really seeps in. That verse helped me to remember to repeatedly commit myself to The Spirit in order for me to overcome temptation because I know I couldn't do it on my own. I find it so neat how restricting myself has actually brought on freedom, not just freedom to do whatever I want, that freedom led me to make choices that I now want freedom from. Freedom through Christ, In the Spirit that I am not bound to this world but am able to over come it, because the One who did lives in me.

      "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
                                                            John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment