Friday, March 12, 2010

Day Nineteen.

        Day Nineteen, I didn't really think I would get here due to my previous attempts at things like this. But this has been different than any other thing I've done for many reasons. One I stuck to it, I usually give up on any sort of diet after the first couple of days and second was that I'm not doing this focusing on me. Dieting is focusing on how much weight your losing, how you look, how your clothes fit, all things about physical, nothing about the spiritual aspect. I keep talking about that, but I'm just so thankful for that understanding. While I feel good physically, it's not about that. Fasting is not about losing weight or detoxifying the body or just feeling better, yes it does those things, but if you go into it with that attitude its not going to be very rewarding and it might not even be able to be classified as fasting, restricting food for a spiritual purpose. I've prayed for strength before to help me on this diet, which just made me more disappointed when I failed, like I was letting God down or something. But the diet was still focused on me, not on God, which is were all my focus needs to be or I can't do anything. When I turn my eyes, all my attention in every part of my life, when it all points to God, He will not leave me stranded.

         "Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
                                                                                                Proverbs 16:3
      

No comments:

Post a Comment