Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Day Three.

     Done! Today was a little easier, and I'm feeling more confident for the eighteen days I have left. We went out to Steak N Shake for dinner, so I was a little worried, but I was able to think before I mindlessly ate the french fries or the sips of milk shake and stick to it. My mom loves to bake and usually has some goodies on the counter, like she did today, so it was always really easy to just grab one or two when I got home. Being more conscious of that has given me the ability to take control of that and not let my body's desires run me. There are so many things that say we should please ourselves, and society has made it easy for everyone to do just that. Bad for you food is the cheapest, fast food restaurants around every corner, Starbucks, all easily accessible to satisfy us whenever we want. This fast is showing me to lay down my weaknesses, out in the open, and God can use them to make me stronger, by Him being my strength. I don't need those foods that I would comfort myself with because I am already complete in Christ. Through Christ, and only by Christ, I am made strong, complete, and free. 
  I still had some moments where I thought I should just quit, but I know that's just the enemy trying to keep me locked down. It is only through Christ I can free in my spirit, soul, and body. I'm excited to continue and experience all of the freedom Christ offers, in all of me.

Heres the lyrics from the song Free by Switchfoot.
Free,
Come set me free
Down on my knees
I still believe you can
Save me from me
Come set me free
Come set me free
Inside this shell
There’s a prison cell
 
And some verses I'm going to cling to for the rest of my life. 

"For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority."
                                                    Colossians 2:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment