Monday, February 22, 2010

Day One.

     Today was my first day on the Daniel Fast. I stuck to the guidelines, so I guess in that sense it was a success. It was only the first day so I wasn't expecting much, just to do it. It wasn't a fast restricting the amount of food I ate, I still ate when I was hungry, but I did eat foods "Daniel Fast Approved". I feel pretty good, because I did the first day and also because the food is good for me! I'm eating no chemicals, no sugars, just wholesome food. I missed some caffeine this morning but I don't think I'll miss it after a few days. Despite the food restriction aspect of the fast, I have to focus on the point and purpose of my fast, to rely on God to be only comfort. The food part is just a physical action, without connecting it to the spiritual aspect, its more of a diet than a fast. The author of the Daniel fast book put it like this...
We are a spirit.
We have a soul.
We live in a body.
And I want this fast to effect all of me. Spirit, soul, and body. 
It was only the first day, but I have high expectations and excitement for the rest of it. Day one down. Twenty to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment