Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day Four.

        Today was good. I'm excited to be sticking to it, but I also want to change a little bit. So far its been kind of a "Daniel Diet" instead of a Daniel Fast. A diet is just changing what you eat, where as a fast is restricting what you eat for a spiritual purpose. I've restricted what I eat, but not so much how much. I still feel really good though, and I'm beginning to enjoy it! I think this is a really good fast for someone to do as a first fast because its not too extreme but is still difficult. I want to get all I can out of this fast, and don't want to look back and wish I would have done more. I want to fully rely on Christ to be my strength and allow this experience to fully change me by giving it my all. I'm suppose to have 17 days left, but I think I'm just going to do it until my birthday which is only 2 days more but it would be nice to start my eighteenth year in full celebration! :) 


 The woman who does the Daniel Fast blog, which made me start it, blogged today on how delighting ourselves in the Lord means giving up all of us to Him. Completely surrendering to Him, and then our desires will be only for Him. So delighting in Him is already giving us the desires of our hearts. 


"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart."                                Psalm 37:4
 

1 comment:

  1. hannah, i just discovered this bloggy, and can i just say that you inspire me. so much. you write so eloquently and it's not fake, empty words. God is clearly working in your life in a real, authentic way. i am soooo proud of you! if more women of your age followed after God the way you do, we might not have shows like teen mom..sorry. :] but seriously, your words will change people's lives. don't be afraid to share them! i love you my sweet sister!

    ReplyDelete